To provide safety, supportive services and advocacy for victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
The YVEDDI Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Programs are operated in the counties of Stokes, Surry, and Yadkin.
The major focus of services is to provide emergency services and assistance to persons who have been victimized by domestic violence/sexual assault.
Basic services provided by programs in each county are as follows:
- 24 Hour emergency crisis line
- Court Accompaniment
- Hospital Accompaniment
- Client Counseling
- Emergency Transportation
- Off-site Shelter
- Trained Volunteers
- Community Education
- Professional Training
- Domestic Violence Program Advisory Council
- Local Domestic Violence Program Office
- Job counseling specifically designed for DV survivors entering the job market, taking into consideration their previous absence from the job market, their lack of recent paid work experience, and building upon the skills and experience possessed by the client.
- Job training and job placement services to train and place DV survivors for and into available jobs in the public and private sectors.
- Health education and counseling services with respect to general principles of preventive health care, including, but not limited to, family health care, nutrition education, and the selection of physicians and health care services.
- Financial management services with information and assistance on all aspects of financial management, including, but not limited to, insurance, taxes, estate and probate matters, mortgages, and loans.
- Educational services, including information services concerning available secondary and post-secondary education programs beneficial to DV survivors seeking employment, and information services with respect to all employment in the public and private sectors, education, health, public assistance, and unemployment assistance programs.
- Referral, follow-up and advocacy
Stokes County Sherriff’s Department: 336-593-8787
Stokes County Communication: 336-593-8139
King Police Department: 336-983-0886
YVEDDI Stokes Family Violence and Sexual Assault
Stokes Government Center
1012 Main Street
Danbury, NC 27016
24/7 Crisis: 336-593-9323
Surry County Sherriff’s Department: 336-401-8900
Mt. Airy Police Department: 336-786-3535
Pilot Mountain Police Department: 336-368-4725
Elkin Police Department: 336-835-9822
Dobson Police Department: 336-356-8161
YVEDDI Surry Family Violence and Sexual Assault
124 West Kapp Street
Dobson, NC 27017
27/7 Crisis: 336-356-2014
Yadkin County Sherriff’s Department: 336-679-4217
Yadkinville Police Department: 336-679-2863
Boonville Police Department: 336-367-7828
East Bend Police Department: 336-699-8560
Jonesville Police Department: 336-835-5020
YVEDDI Yadkin Family Violence and Sexual Assault
106 E. Elm Street
P O Box 1053
Yadkinville, NC 27055
24/7 Crisis: 336-679-2072
National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673 ext. 1
YVEDDI Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Programs funded by Governor’s Crime Commission, N.C. Council for Women/DV Commission, Stokes County United Fund, United Fund of Surry, Yadkin County United Fund, Yadkin Valley United Fund, County of Stokes, County of Surry, County of Yadkin and other resources. Laws, regulations, and funds limit all services provided.